Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School ... 2nd Grade Style






Here it is, the first day of second grade. It has arrived with much less fanfare than the first day of kindergarten or the first day of first grade. Usually I would be adamant about getting back into our school routine ... going to bed early, getting up early, making lunch the night before, getting the clothes all lined up ... at least one week in advance. This summer has gone by in what seems like a matter of seconds filled with a whirlwind of memories and adventures (as is clearly evident by my lack of blogging). So what have we done to get ready for school? We have savored every last minute of our summer together ... staying up late, sleeping in (if you consider 7:45 sleeping in - for a mom of young kids, it's simply glorious!), having pj days (although I usually only last until about 10:30 and then everyone must get dressed and make their beds - Hey! I was a teacher once and I was raised by one, you can only stretch your lesson plans, I mean routines, so far), and blowing bubbles while eating popsicles in the 106 degree afternoon heat of Oklahoma. Happy 1st day of 2nd grade, Will. Kate and I will be anxiously waiting to walk you home at 3:00 - we have an appointment in the driveway with popsicles and bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment