Monday, November 14, 2011

When my Wonderful Life turns Crazy




I'm back ... at least I'm trying to be!  Lots of things have happened since my last post a few weeks ago.  I've wondered if I should try to go back and re-create the events of those weeks, but obviously I haven't found the time to do that.  Should I just jump in with what is happening right now?  No, I'm just feeling like I should put my heart out there in this one.
Sometimes, in the midst of "life" happening, it just doesn't seem so wonderful.  It seems more like - well, crazy.  I've realized that my focus has been in the wrong place.  In the middle of the boxes of things that still need to find a home, the stacks of pictures that need to find a place on the wall, and the ever growing to-do list, I lost my perspective.  Looking for a new church home seemed like it should be exciting.  It's been hard.  We're trying to find the balance between looking for the place where the Lord wants our family to serve Him and love others, and the place where we feel like our family can grow to know Him more.  Not to even mention worship styles, Sunday School vs Community Groups, and dress code!  I started trusting in myself to find the "perfect" place instead of waiting on the Lord to lead us to His perfect plan for our family.  And finally, I miss my friends.  I think it's true that sometimes "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."  There's a group of girls in Oklahoma that I'd give almost anything to meet at Starbucks tonight to talk and laugh until well past closing time.  The kind of girls that live life with you - carrying your burdens, taking care of your kids when you need a haircut OR a date night, and laughing with you until your cheeks hurt.
So, that's why I haven't been blogging ... who wants to read about me wallowing in self pity!?!  While John was gone this summer, I read Philippians chapter 4 every night before I went to bed.  I started reading it with verses 6-7 being my prayer for a restful night's sleep.  The Lord used it to open up my eyes and heart to so many other things He had to say to me through all of Chapter 4.  This past Saturday, I opened my Bible and it naturally fell open to Phil. 4.  This time, verse 8 just jumped off of the page at me.  

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."  

While in my head, I knew that my problems were not at all a big deal compared to what is going on in the world around me, my heart wasn't listening to my head.   I had stopped looking for the good, true, right, pure, and lovely things God was doing in our life.  The house is coming along - I may even post pictures in a week or two :o).  We've found a wonderful place to serve and worship the Lord and we're excited to get involved with this community of believers.  And, I had to remind myself that friendships are not formed over night.  There are several girls who've gone out of their way to make our family feel welcome here.  Maybe I can start a Starbuck's tradition in Wichita - who knows!?!  Bonus ... I'm headed to OK for a girl's weekend this Friday - can't wait to see you girls!!  

Most importantly, I was reminded that even when life gets crazy, hard, not pretty, or even painful - and it will - it can still be wonderful when I keep my focus on Him.


***I'll end with a cute picture of the kids so you can see that we've moved on from crazy and we're back to living that Wonderful Life!***


Will had us cracking up with his 'stache.  He insisted that it go over his mouth & not above it!



No comments:

Post a Comment