Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ice, Ice Baby!

While we were visiting my parents, the kids got to go ice skating ... yes, you read that right in Georgia, ice skating.  Okay, okay, it was in a big tent, but it was still LOTS of fun.  I didn't skate this year - there were too many pictures to take - but I think I might have to give it a whirl next year.  Will wasn't inhibited AT ALL.  In fact, he didn't even want help getting onto the rink for the first time.  He spent his fair share of time on his back side, but by the end of the two hours, he really had the hang of it.  Kate really wanted to be on the ice rink, but what she *really* wanted was for someone to hold her on the ice rink.  She also made great gains in just two hours as you can see in the pics below.  Props to Pops and Johnny who might or might not have had some unstable moments but never "bit the ice"!
Who's helping who?

I love skating with Pops!

Dad & Kate do a little ice dancing

Whatever it takes to keep from hitting the ice!

I think I've got this!

Kate gets a little more courageous



Christmas memories

Mimi is the best cheerleader!

When can I start playing hockey?



Thanks for taking us ice skating Pops!!!


1 comment: