Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's a Date






Life. It's great, but it can sure get in the way sometimes. Seemed like John and I had been passing in the hallway lately, barely scraping together a conversation across the dinner table in between Kate's "more, more" and Will's knock-knock jokes. These are the days of our lives, and I love them. Really, I do. But then someone threw us a rope ... a chance to escape, get away. OU football tickets for the game vs. Air Force. A whole afternoon T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R. Just the two of us squished together in the middle of row 20, section 105 seats 15 and 16 for 4 whole hours. There was no deep discussion or a grand "light bulb moment" discovering the solution to our crazy days. But there was lots of laughing, cheering (I think John was silently cheering for AF even though he was wearing red), high-fiving, jumping up, sitting down, just being us ... not Mom and Dad, but John and Ans. I'm pretty crazy about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment