Saturday, May 21, 2011

Somebody's Watching You!






There is always a lesson to learn and this week, I felt like God was showing me over and over again that someone is almost always watching you. He used my 2 year old to teach me this lesson. Lately, she has been mimicking me in lots of different ways. I hear her saying the things I say "He's so sweet." "Did you sleepy good?" "Oh, don't be sad!" "Grumpy girls go to bed." and my favorite ... "JOHN!!!" :o) I took a few pictures of things she's done just this week that prove she's been watching me. Things like, finding her play silverware in the silverware drawer and her pretend food in the fridge. We change the baby's diaper and clothes a zillion times a day (just ask Mimi about her recent visit!) and just this week, she's been taking pictures of her babies and asking us to take pictures of her with her babies with her princess camera. I have no idea where she gets that from ... poor baby probably didn't know what I looked like until she was 2 because I usually have a camera in front of my face!
It made me stop and think about what I do and say in front of her all day long. It also made me think about all of the other people I see on a daily/weekly basis ... what do they see me do or hear me say? The mailman, the checker at Wally World, the lady at the drive through, my neighbor, Will's teacher, a friend ... the list could go on and on. Am I showing Christ's love in ALL that I say and do? Nothing like a 2 year old to keep you on your toes!

"You are the light of the world ... let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14 & 16

No comments:

Post a Comment