Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kanakuk

Sometimes I get so far behind on things I really want to document here, that it's hard to know if I should go back to where I left off or just jump right in where life is happening now.  The past 4 weeks have been filled with blog worthy events (and more importantly, PHOTOS!!!), so I'm going to do my best to give a good recap ...


Since we moved to Kansas, I've been hearing people talk about Kanakuk.  I'd never heard of it before, but apparently it was definitely something I should know about!  When we found out that Kanakuk was coming to our church, I was thrilled and could not wait for Will to experience it. **If you haven't heard of it, google it and check it out!**  Right away I volunteered to host some of the counselors.  My parents used to always host kids that were coming through town on choir tour or mission projects and I loved it!  John wasn't so sure.  In fact, I think he thought he'd just give it a few weeks and I'd forget about it.  Well, camp week arrived, and I didn't forget!  Our guys arrived on a Sunday night and spent the week with us.  After working with kids all day, they would come home and invest in our kids - it was amazing and such a blessing.  And John stayed up with them every night laughing and talking - he totally loved it!  Will had a blast from sun up to sun down and couldn't wait to go back every day.  He's already making plans for next summer ... and guess what!?!  We hope to host again (yes, even Johnny!)  Here are a few pics from the week:

I had to catch a few pics of Will's high flying fun!

Will was excited to master the back flip

More high flying fun

Will had the biggest grin on his face through the whole ride!
Will didn't want to leave and he's already trying to convince us to send him "off" to camp next year

Our boys for the week - Mark from Liberty University, John, Will from UT Chattanooga (sp?), Hunter from Oklahoma State, and our Will up front

Will's counselors for the week - Brian from Auburn and Justin from a school in FL that I can't remember!

Will and his "kamp" mates

I know this is blurry, but it's the best I got - Will helping to lead worship for the final time of the week


All of the counselors poured themselves into the lives of the kids around them - they were the hands and feet of Jesus, and they had lots of fun.  We feel so blessed to have been able to experience Kanakuk Kampout!

***I've tried to share this post for 3 days and every time I put my pics up, it puts the un-edited version up - ugh!  So, I'm just sending it the way it is.  As always, you can click on the pics to make them larger! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment