Tuesday, December 20, 2011

11 Things in 11 Years


Love, love, LOVE my Johnny!


It's a good thing I love to laugh ... anything else is just not an option with this fella!

It's hard to believe that we're 11 years in to this journey that God has given us.  Lots of things have changed ... our looks, sadly are one of them ;o).  At our wedding, one (yes, I said one ... there were three.  I wanted to make sure we were married!) of the pastors challenged us to view our marriage as a painting, a picture of Christ's love for the Church.  I don't know of any artist who paints a masterpiece in a day.  They work on it day in and day out, seeking out the imperfections and blemishes and correcting them.  Sometimes it's a quick fix, other times, you work on it only to discover that the mark is much larger than you initially thought and it requires intensive time and tools for repair.  To some, it seems as though it would be easier to just cover things up or walk away, but not to those who have the masterpiece engraved in their hearts.  You just can't leave it unfinished.  John, I love the marriage we have, but I can't wait to see how the Lord changes the colors, landscapes, and subjects through our lifetime ...  100 years could never be enough with you!


11 Things I've learned about John
1. He's particular about breakfast, coffee, and running shoes. 
2. He does not like to be called "babe".  (I only recently learned this - can you even imagine the number of times I've called him babe in our marriage???)
3. He likes to sleep on the right side of the bed.  I like to sleep on the side of the bed that is farthest from the door (you know, so I don't get between him and the boogey man if John should ever need to take a boogey man out.)  
4. He puts the "pro" in procrastination, but he always gets things done on time.  This can really drive a girl bonkers!
5. He can tell you about any military plane that flys overhead.
6. He can sing - oh, I love to hear him sing!, but he probably doesn't want you to know that if you don't already ... woops!
7. He would love to get his pilot license but he's not interested in jumping out of an airplane.
8. He loves to make other people laugh ... I love it when he laughs!
9. He packs more clothes for a trip than I do.  Not because he's into style or fashion, but because he wants to be prepared for any weather or last minute plans we may make.  Guess who never has a jacket when she needs one and yes, he always lets me wear his.
10. He seeks out adventure ... in a movie, in his job, and in our family.  
11. He loves Jesus.  He loves me. He loves Will and Kate.  He loves our family, our church, our friends, Wendy's hamburgers, listening to pod casts, Duke basketball, and he loves to hit snooze.  :o)  I'm pretty crazy about him!



No comments:

Post a Comment